Bhai Dooj 2020 in Maharashtra: Monday, 16 November 2020In India, the relationship between a brother and a sister is observed with much love and admiration. And this brother-sister relation is perceived as the most consecrated and powerful relation. The celebrations of Bhai dooj day are alike to the festival of RakshaBandhan. On the day of Bhai Dooj, sisters present Bhai dooj gifts for brother and more junior sisters also proffer gifts to brothers. Brothers also give gifts to their sisters.
In the southerly part of the nation, the Bhai Dooj day is observed as Yama Dwitiya. In the Kayastha fellowship, two Bhai Dooj's are observed. The major popular one appears on the 2nd day following the festival of Diwali. But the less familiar one is marked a day or two after the festival of Holi.
In Haryana, a ritual is supported where a desiccated coconut, which is known as gola is tied along with klewa's width for offering prayers is likewise utilized at the moment of performing aarti of a brother.
The festivals of Bhai Dooj and Rakshabandhan are the two festivals where a brother can buy gifts for sister and shower his affection.
Mythicism is distributed on the foundations of Bhai Dooj. According to a few, Yamraj, the God of Decease, went and met his sister on this day. Yamraj's sister, Yami who is additionally recognized as the Yamuna, greeted Yamraj with an aarti, which implies something that kills evil and after applying tika on his forehead, gave him sweets. In return, Yamraj gave her a gift that implied his respect and care for her. Moved by Yamuna's affection, Yamraj announced that any brother who would get an aarti and tika from his sister on this day should nevermore be scared of dying. This is also the reason after the celebration being called "Yama Dwitiya" in a few sections of the nation.
An extra foundation story for the Bhai Dooj celebration is that Lord Krishna's sister Subhadra greeted him with an aarti, tika, sweets, and flower garlands after he destroyed the devil king Narakasur.
Why and how is Bhai Dooj celebrated?
Bhai Dooj is a famous Hindu festivity when ladies implore the Gods for great and flourishing lives for their brothers. Bhai Dooj is a festival that honors the timeless bond between various siblings. At this festival, the sisters appeal to God's for their brother's life longevity, success, and good health. And in return, the brother's plead to obey their duties of caring and caressing their sisters.
It is honored two days following the traditional festivity of Diwali. It is known by several titles in various sections of the nation like Bhau Beej or Bhai Teeka. The celebration is very alike to RakshaBandhan, as it honors the affection amidst a sister and brother.
On this day, the females invite their brothers to their home and put a small 'tika' or 'tilak' on their foreheads and extend appeals to the Gods and the brothers then bestow their sisters with presents and Bhai Dooj gifts.
Other names for Bhai Dooj are:
- Bhai Dooj is used by the people of Northern India.
- Bhau Beej or Bhav Bij is mostly used by Marathi's and Gujarati's.
- Bhai Tika is the term used in Nepal for this festival.
- Bhai Phonta is the term used by the Bengalis.
- Bhatri Ditya is used by people in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
Gifts for Bhai dooj on eCraftIndia are:
Choosing what to gift your brother or sister on the season of Bhai dooj is no longer a problem. At eCraftIndia, you will discover an assortment of gift choices that satisfy every age brother and sister. A few are posted below:
- Ganesha idols: Ganesha idols are said to bring good luck and prosperity to the lives of people. Gifting idols & figurines to your brother or sister will also mark as an auspicious gift and will bring happiness in their lives.
- Wall clocks: Wall clocks make a useful gift. Everyone needs a wall clock in their room. Buy wall clock online from our online portal for your brother or sister and gift it to them on the occasion of Bhai Dooj.
- Photo frames: Photo frames are a way of reliving your memories every time you look at it. Bhai dooj is the best time to gift your brother or sister a photo frame that has a very cute photo of you both inside it. You can also find collage photo frames online on our portal.
- Dry fruit box: Gifting a dry fruit box is one of the best Bhai dooj gifts for sister that a brother can give or vice versa. Dry fruits are said to be auspicious when gifted on the festival of Diwali.
- Premium bedsheets: Gifting premium bedsheets to your brother or sister can be a very fabulous gift. Every time they use it, they will be reminded of you and the quality is guaranteed by us.
Gift collecting for the time of Bhai dooj on our online portal, eCraftIndia is gigantic. Buy home decoration items online from our portal that has a wide variety of Bhai Dooj gifts for you to pick from. You can also purchase offbeat gifts for various age levels according to whatsoever is proper for you. Every company does exceptionally powerful on these days as characters head to purchase and gift stuff that brings success and opportunity to them as well as to their partners and families.
A list of unique yet special and affordable items that can be gifted on Bhai dooj:
- Personalized Magic Mirror LED is the best option for the sisters who are more into self-care and beauty.
- Scented Candles for the ones who are into aromatherapy, as it helps in creating an ambiance that will elevate a positive mood.
- A weighted Blanket is another good option if your sister has sleeping issues as it helps alleviate strain and build a feeling of serenity.
- Is your sister a big fan of DIY gifts? A customized Portrait of a picture of you both will be the best option. It will be something that she will wish to cherish for years!
- Is your sister worried about her eyes straining due to the exposure to the devices? Blue Light Blocking Glasses would be the perfect gift item as it helps reduce the strain on the eyes.
- Does your sister travel more often? A travel spray set from her favorite brand or Travel cosmetic case organizer would do wonders!
Make this Bhai dooj celebration of yours even more memorable with our handicraft items online as they make the best gift you will ever choose for. We wish you and your brother or sister a very happy and safe Bhai dooj! Happy shopping with us!