Akshaya Tritiya 2022 in India: Thursday, 3 February 2022Akshaya Tritiya is an annual festival that is celebrated by the Hindus and Jains. Akshaya Tritiya is also called Akha Teej or Akti. This festival is celebrated around springtime every year. This festival signifies the "3rd day of infinite prosperity". The word Akshaya means "never ending" in terms of success and prosperity and the word Tritiya means "the third phase of the moon". It is known that on this day, Lord Ganesha and Ved Vyasa started writing Mahabharata. This festival is observed on the 3rd lunar day of the spring month Vaisakha according to the Hindu calendar.
According to belief and early history, Akshaya Tritiya's day marks a lot of significant occurrences. On this day, Lord Ganesha and Ved Vyasa commenced penning the classic Mahabharata. This day of Akha Teej is also observed as the birth anniversary of Lord Parashuram, the 6th incarnation of Lord Vishnu. Goddess Annapurna was also born on this day.
On an aforementioned day, Lord Krishna bequeathed property and financial receipts on his pitiable friend Sudhama who had arrived at his rescue for guidance. Also, according to the epic Mahabharata, on this day Lord Krishna granted the "Akshaya Patra" to the Pandavas while on their banishment. Lord Krishna praised them with this container that would advance to produce an unlimited quantity of meals that would nevermore bequeath them starving. Furthermore, on this day, the River Ganges alighted from heaven on earth. It is on this day that Lord Kubera revered Goddess Lakshmi and therefore was appointed the job of being the steward of Gods.
In Jainism, this Akshaya Tritiya day is observed to celebrate Lord Adinatha, their primary God. Some Jains connect with this festival as Varshi Tapa.
The Akshaya Tritiya day is recognized by various names in several parts of the nation. In Chhattisgarh, it is recognized as Akti while in Rajasthan and Gujarat, it is remembered as Akha Teej.
The Sanskrit word Akshaya means the one that never decreases or the infinite one. Numerous theories are encompassing this day that it marks the commencement of the Treta Yuga, that it is also the day when the powerful and divine river Ganga settled on the earth at the command of King Bhagiratha to support his predecessors accomplish Moksha.
This propitious day is also connected with Lord Krishna. On this day, Shri Krishna’s ordinary Brahmin friend Sudhama visited his mansion with a fistful of raised rice. Lord Krishna whole-heartedly admitted his humble gifts and showered his mate with wealth. Hence, it is the day when Sudhama’s destiny turned, and he got converted into a prosperous man.
Also, Ved Vyasa recited the epic Mahabharata to Lord Ganesha on this auspicious day.
Hence, Akshaya Tritiya is of prominent importance. People stand in long queues outside gold shops to purchase something and identify the day. An obvious enthusiasm is seen between both the shoppers as well as the merchants. Besides this mundane happiness, people explore religious understanding. Hence, a few people give away meals or essentials in a donation to seek the lord’s blessings. God idols & figurines are also worshipped.
On Akshaya Tritiya, 5 traditional rituals are often followed. They are:
- Preparing the Akshate: On Akshaya Tritiya, people who recognize a fast prepare Akshate. Seeds of whole rice are covered with Haldi or turmeric and kumkum. Akshate is given to Lord Vishnu on this day. This is assumed to bring good luck to the family.
- Charity: On Akshaya Tritiya, Danam or donation work is traditionally deemed to be important. People share foodgrains, dresses, jaggery, and other items with the unfortunate. According to manuscripts, donation done on Akshaya Tritiya delivers endless good luck for the whole year.
- Buying gold: Traditionally, on Akshaya Tritiya quite like Dhanteras before Diwali, many purchase gold for success. Since Akshaya implies constant, people purchase gold and silver for eternal peace and victory in their lives. People also hold the day for acquiring cars or valuable household automated items.
- Puja, Japa, and Yajya: Chanting devotions devoted to Lord Vishnu, Lord Ganesha, or the family deity delivers everlasting good destiny, according to inscriptions. People likewise do Pitra Tarpan or pay honor to their ancestors on this day of Akshaya Tritiya.
- Akshaya Tritiya Naivedyam thali: This applies to exceptional food items which are served on a favorable day and offered to the gods. The pieces on the Naivedyam thali or course differ from land to land but milk and milk commodities like khir, ghee, yogurt, and sweets are a necessity. Items made with rice and coconut are also involved in the Naivedyam.
Festivals also include exchanging gifts with friends and family. You can buy gifts online from our online portal- eCraftIndia. Given below are a few gifts that you can give to your close ones on the occasion of Akshaya Tritiya:
- Idols & Figurines: People consider it promising to have Lord Ganesha idols at the door of their apartment as it produces good luck. Similarly, Lord Buddha Idols are retained in a place where yoga has functioned and it also assists enhance spirituality. The Om symbol is remarked as the basis of final living and associates everything in the world. Lord Krishna idols are often kept in the temple/mandir viewing towards the east or west direction.
- Wall hangings: Wall hangings are a swinging craft that is primarily used for wall decoration schemes. It can be fixed on your wall, or on the baldachin, or even on the entry door of the home or of the office. Buy home decoration items that come in different sizes, colors, and forms.
- Drinkware: We all love sipping tea, coffee, or other refreshments, don't we? We all have at least one personal drinkware in which we prefer to have our beverages every day. So, why not gift something timeless and also looks novel? At eCraftIndia, you can find every type of drinkware at affordable estimates! You can browse through a variety of drinkware options and select from them as a gift for your loved ones.
- Blankets: Blankets come below basic requirements and everyone fancies to have various kinds of blankets as per their appropriateness. Blankets need to be comfortable and warm and also rash-free. And like every other thing, even Blankets come in various kinds. All of our blankets are manufactured under proficient professional's guidance and are produced from good class raw materials for you to have ease and also to have you all away from skin problems.
- Paintings: Paintings are all about revealing oneself in the form of art. Paintings have perpetually been an essential part of everyone's apartments. Decorating barren walls with one's favorite paintings provides an unconventional calm spirit. These paintings at our online portal are obtainable in diverse sizes so you can buy them according to the size of your room walls.
Akshaya Tritiya is all about making things right, helping the ones who need it the most, thanking for the life that you have, and praying for the future that is on the way. We at eCraftIndia, hope everyone out there celebrates Akshaya Tritiya safely and happily with their loved ones. We even hope that your coming year is as peaceful and filled with prosperity. Happy Akshaya Tritiya, please stay safe and take care!