Karva Chauth is a one-day function followed by married Hindu women in north India, 4 days after Purnima- a whole moon in the month of Kartik. Similar to several Hindu festivals, Karva Chauth is based on the lunisolar schedule which estimates for all planetary conditions, especially places of the moon which is used as a label to determine significant dates. The festival comes on the 4th day after the grown moon, in the Hindu lunisolar calendar period of Kartika. Home decoration items can be a great option when it comes to gifting.
On Karva Chauth, the wedded wives, especially in North India, observe a fast from sunup and break the fast only after the moon comes out for the protection and endurance of their partners. The Karva Chauth fast is traditionally observed in the states of Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan, Punjab, Jammu, Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, and Uttarakhand. It is marked as Atla Tadde in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
These married women dress up completely and wait for the moon to show up. Women observing fast wake up first in the morning and eat food only from the sargi. After this, they do not devour food or water throughout the whole day. They break their fast after seeing the moon and giving the offerings to it.
Nowadays, even a few husbands observe a fast with their wives. Karwa Chauth gifts have become a trend now and can be given to your partner or any family member who does karwa Chauth.
There are many stories connected with the Karva Chauth festival. In some tellings, the anecdotes are connected, with one serving as a support tale for another.
A lady named Karva was strongly dedicated to her husband. Her deep affection and devotion for him gave her spiritual power. While soaping at a river, her partner was seized by a crocodile. Karva joined the crocodile with cotton wool and asked Yamaraj- the god of death, to transfer the crocodile to hell. But, Yamaraj denied it. Karva cautioned to anathematize Yamaraj and finish him. Yamaraj, frightened of being vilified by a devoted wife, transferred the crocodile to hell and granted Karva's husband with extended life. Karva and her man experienced multiple years of married ecstasy. To this day, Karva Chauth is observed with prominent worship and faith.
Gifts for Karwa Chauth
Karwa Chauth gifts need to be unique as one needs to gift it to their partner or to any family member. Buy gift items online from eCraftIndia. Following is an extended list of the gifts that can be given to your parents:
- Occasional gifts: Buy gifts according to the event happening up which would be something that would be something helpful.
- Karwa Chauth gifts: This is the apt collection for this festival. One can get Premium Figurine of Loving Couple, Engagement Ceremony Memorial Statue, and many more for your partner.
- Gifts for wife: The easiest to buy as one just have to keep their wife's likings and wishes into consideration. Now it becomes easy for you to buy gifts for your wife with eCraftIndia as we have a curated range of gifts just for all the wives.
- Photo frames: Photo frames are an excellent gift choice as it can be gifted to anyone or everyone and it would carry the remembrances living permanently.
- Gifts for husband: Always been a bit tricky to select from but not anymore. Gifts for husband at our online portal has been curated according to the needs and a must-have for your husband. Gifting your husband is a different way of displaying your love towards them.
- Couple gifts: Couple gifts are often purchased for karwa Chauth, marriages, ceremonies, festivals, commitments, or during house warming. But our variety of couple gifts persists out of all. Gifts can also be produced according to the level their connection has reached.
- Anniversary gifts: Anniversary gifts are given to duos who have completed times together. It can be your parents, your uncle-aunty, and several more further. Anniversary gifts at our online portal, includes a series of romantic gifts, gifts for couples, useful gifts, and numerous more exceeding to choose from.
- Idols and figurines: Ganesha idols, Buddha idols registers as a Goodluck gift forever and shall be a fabulous present choice for your progenitors too. Buy god idols online from several alternatives to pick from and gift.
This assortment of gifts consists of several additional benefits and is up at our website, eCraftIndia. Now, even you can gift your spouse or other relatives members gifts that are unusual and make them feel cherished and acknowledged.