The easiest Hindu puja vidhi and procedure is the Lord Shiva Puja. Lord Shiva can be appeased very easily. As a result, he is known as Bholenath. Even just a glass of water is enough to gratify the Shivling with a pure heart. Lord shiva idol Puja promotes domestic harmony and happiness. This is the simplest method for performing Lord Shiva Puja at home. On Mondays or other notable days such as Maha Shivratri, Masik Shivratri, Shravan Somwars, or Pradosh Vrat days, Lord Shiva devotees perform Abhishekam of the Shiva Linga or Lord Shiva paintings. To know more, keep on reading.
Among the most significant Hindu rituals is the Abhishek. Devotees also offer water, milk, and other natural items to the god during the Abhishek. Rudrabhishek or Rudrabhishekam refers to Lord Shiva's Abhishek or the Shiva Linga Abhishek. You can assemble and worship Shiva in the comfort and confidentiality of your own home, even though this rite is often carried out in large crowds at a temple.
Shiva consumed the poison produced by the whirling of the milky ocean and placed the Ganga and also the Moon on his head to provide cooling. The third eye of Shiva is fiery. This eye is also kept cold by Abhishekam.
Pouring the waters of unconditional love on the Aatm Ling of the heart's lotus is the best and highest kind of Abhishek. The internal Abhishekam with the pure unlimited flow of love will ultimately follow the exterior Abhishekam with diverse items, which will help in the strengthening of devotion and affection for Shiv.
What items are used for Shivling Abhishekam?
A Shiva Lingam signifying his appearance as a benevolent creator is typically the object of Shiva abhishekam by destroying evil. To honor Shiva's desire for Abhisheka, a vessel is often seen hanging over the shiva lingam in temples. This vessel drops to water or other offerings upon the shiva linga on a regular basis.
The following elements are necessary for Shivaling Abhishek:
- Liquids for Abhisheka-
- Milk for long life
- Honey to remove all sorrows and problems.
- Ghee to get rid of all illnesses.
- Panchamrutham Gives wealth.
- Panchagavyam Pancha Kavyam (Milk, curd, ghee, cows urine, cow dung) Removes all sins.
- Curd gives blessings to children.
- Gingelly Oil increases Knowledge.
- Sandal Paste to increase luck and get good health.
- Turmeric to increase wellness.
- Rice Powder for free from debts.
- Tender Coconut Water for the overall wellness of the family.
- Sugar Cane Juice for good health and removes enmity.
- Vibhuti gives better Job Prospects.
- Ghee Gives Moksha state
- Lemon to get rid of the fear of death.
- Tender Coconut Juice for enjoyment and full satisfaction in life.
- Sugar to remove enmity.
- Turmeric to healing, recovery from diseases, and matrimony.
- Cow Milk for progeny, toward curse, etc.
- Dates (Khajoor) Juice for both internal and external enemies.
- Mango Juice to get rid of long ailments.
- Black Apples for Renunciation.
- Kastoori Water gives Kingdom.
- Nav Ratan Jal for Dhaanya, Griha development.
- Unboiled milk, honey, sugar, ghee, and curd are combined to make panchamrit Abhishek of Shivling.
- In an achumani pot, combine water with Ganges water and sprinkle with Kusha grass and a spoon.
- Incense sticks, camphor, and a ghee lamp
- Aromatic oil with sandal paste
- Grain of rice
- Sweets, apparel, flowers, fruits, betel nut, bael Patra, paan, and coconut are all acceptable offerings.
A significant Hindu rite called Shiva Abhishekam honors the deity, Shiva, by having his precious relic, or Mahadev Shivling, bathed solemnly. The traditional bath, or Abhishekam, may vary significantly depending on the practitioner, but in general, you can get prepared for this ritual with water, milk, curd, honey, sugarcane juice, as well as other offerings.
How to do shivling Abhishek at home?
The worship of Lord Shiva is extremely important to us. If you desire to worship Shiva at your house on a daily basis and on his special days or festivals. If you want to do Abhishek of Shivling at home, the Shiva Puja Ritual is as follows, which may be done at home:
- You will require a Shiva Linga constructed of Panchdhatu, Ashta Dhatu, or Brass to execute the Abhishekam at home. Place the Shiva Linga respectfully on the altar in your home, on a brass or copper plate. Nandi's figurine may be set up next to the Linga as well.
- Lingam should be positioned such that Yoni is facing North and you are facing the Lingam's West face and looking East. A woolen asan or kusha is required for seating. Because Rudraksha is Lord Shiva's favorite bead, it is ideal to do Pooja while wearing it on your body.
- Your entire Puja set, including yourself, should be splashed in the water.
- Light an oil light or Brass Diyas.
- Offer water to begin the abhishekam. For the purpose of offering the goods, you can use the Udrani, Shivling Abhishek Patra spoon. The use of steel utensils is not advised.
- Chant the 108 names of Lord Shiva, or “Om Namah Shivaya”, while you conduct the abhishekam.
- Then present a small cup of unpasteurized milk.
- After that, provide some more water. The Shiva Linga is cleansed in this manner.
- Serve with curd. Offer water once again.
- Offer ghee (clarified butter) after this step. Pour water once again.
- Serve honey first, followed by water.
- You can also perform the Abhishek using Chandan and then pour Panchamrit, a mixture of five components that may include Unboiled milk, honey, sugar, ghee, and curds.
- Rinse the Shiva Linga once more with water following the Panchamrit sacrifice.
- Remove the Nandi idol and the Shiva Linga of the dish gently, then wipe them down with some clean cloth.
- The Shiva Lingam and Nandi should then be repositioned on the altar after removing the Abhishek dish.
- Offer a piece of coconut, Kaleva, Chandan, Akshat, Janeu, Bel Patra, Datura flowers, Fruits, and Incense sticks. You can buy beautiful Incense Holders Online and can place them in your altar to give it an authentic look.
-Aarti should be performed to end the puja.
Why do we offer milk on Shivling?
In the worship of Lord Shiva or Shiva Linga, milk is prominent. According to Hindu mythology, Lord Shiva carried out the "tandava'' on the auspicious night of Mahashivratri. The dance is thought to reflect the universe's creation and destruction cycle. Milk and honey are provided to comfort him. On the same day of the Samudra Manthan, also known as the day the ocean churned, Lord Shiva took a pot of poison to rescue the world. His throat went blue due to the warming qualities of the venom's ingredients, but things like honey, milk, and curd were provided to comfort it.
Milk is also significant for scientific reasons. According to mythological texts, the Shivling is formed of stone, metal, and clay and is positioned in the temple's most auspicious location, producing incredible positive energy. As per tradition, milk is one of the finest conductors of good energy. When it is spilled on the Shivling, the energy flow focuses on the Shiv lingam, and indeed the believer becomes the benefactor of the outflow due to his near proximity.
As an electrolyte, water is thought to carry energy far more quickly than air. As a result, the Shiva Linga is energized and sent into strong vibrations when holy water is applied to it. Connecting the mind and water as one works in purifying the atmosphere of negativity.
Similar to this, it is considered that adding milk after pouring holy water can nurture the brain and soul with goodwill, compassion, moral attitudes, and a satvik attitude. According to popular belief, correctly doing Abhishekam assists in the burning of all negative Karma accumulated through previous lives. Last but not least, offering honey to the deity makes one's speech and ideas lovely.
Chanting "Om Namah Shivaya" calms the mind and controls great energy, along with giving milk.
Shiv Pooja includes Abhishek. Shiv pooja is incomplete without Abhishekam. Rudra, Purusha Suktam, Chamakam, Maha Mrityunjaya mantra, and other mantras are recited in a certain rhythm and order during Shiva Abhishekam. Every Shiva Linga is the best, therefore you may have any of them in your home. If you desire to buy Shivling online for your altar, eCraftIndia provides a large selection.
The 13th day of the fortnight, Pradosh, is highly sacred and Monday is a very significant day for the Shiv. Shiv worshippers worship him on these days with special Pooja, Abhishekam with Ekaadash Rudra, Archana, and lots of Prasad. To do aarti for your cherished God, you can also purchase decorative pooja thali online.